What’s not to love about delicata squash – and all squash for that matter? It’s so versatile, can be added to both sweet and savory dishes and is full of vitamins (vitamin C, potassium fiber, B vitamins, the list goes on). You can add it to a salad one night, have it as a side dish another, and even add it to your bowl of yogurt tomorrow morning for breakfast. For this dish, I added it to a simple kale salad with a detox vinaigrette for added sweetness (see full recipe below!).
- Slice delicata squash length wise and scoop out seeds.
- Slice up the delicata squash into 1/4 inch slices, drizzle with olive oil and sea salt and place in a baking sheet in the oven at 400 degrees for 15-20 mins, flip the squash and roast on the other side for another 10-15 mins.
- Remove squash from oven and let cool for 10 mins.
- Rinse and slice up some kale – or buy the ready made kind from Trader Joe’s 😉
- Rinse and slice up some fennel, and add to kale.
- Add cooled squash.
- Top with some pumpkin seeds, and enjoy!
For the dressing:
- Dice up 1 clove of garlic.
- Mix with 1 tbsp Dijon Mustard, 1/2 cup apple cider vinegar, 2 tbsp of freshly squeezed lemon juice and 1/2 cup olive oil.
- Add in 1-2 tbsp of natural honey for sweetness and a dash of sea salt and pepper.