Staying healthy over the holidays can be hard between the second and third helpings of stuffing and the never-ending supply of chocolates 😉
I’ve never been one to deprive myself (especially over the holidays) – my motto has always been about making sure I’m eating real food made of real ingredients. That’s where I came up with the idea to make clean Reese’s cups! Not only are these gluten free, grain-free, and vegan (if you use vegan chocolate), they also make great gifts so you don’t show up empty handed to all of those holiday dinners you’ll be attending.
Heres what you’ll need (makes about 12):
1. 2 cups pure, organic chocolate (I always try to use chocolate above 70%)
2. 1 tsp coconut oil
3. 1/2 cup almond butter
4. 1 tbsp Maple syrup
5. Sea salt
Here’s how to make them:
1. Melt the chocolate in a microwave-safe bowl for 2 mins (removing after 1 min to stir).
2. Remove chocolate from microwave and add coconut oil.
3. Place melted chocolate and coconut oil into bite-sized muffin cups, to cover bottom (about 1 tsp in each cup).
4. Place muffin cups into freezer to set for 5 mins.
5. Mix almond butter with maple syrup.
6. Remove from freezer and add about 1 tsp almond butter mixture to each muffin cup.
7. Top with remaining chocolate and let set in freezer for 2 mins.
8. Remove from freezer and top with a sprinkle of sea salt.
9. Place in fridge to set for 30 mins… if you can wait that long! 😉