Smoothies and juices are definitely not a new trend here in California, they’re more of a way of life 😉
We’ve all had our fair share of Kale and Avocado smoothies, but it’s time to expand our smoothie ingredient list when it comes to veggies. A beet smoothie might sound a little strange at first, but the color should be enough to entice you, right?! I promise it’s as tasty as it looks!
To make this you’ll need:
- 1/2 cup grated beets – make sure to peel the beet first (meal prep tip: alternatively you can bake some beets, and use 1/2 of 1 beet for the smoothie and keep the rest as a side for your lunches/ dinners, or make beet hummus – I’ll upload a recipe for that soon!)
- Frozen banana
- 1/2 cup almond milk
- A handful of blueberries
How to make the smoothie bowl:
- Place shredded beets into food processor.
- Add 1 (pre-sliced) frozen banana.
- Add almond milk.
- Add in a handful of blueberries.
- Blend on high.
- Top with whatever fruit, nuts, or granola you have on hand.
This bowl only has 4 ingredients but is packed with vitamin B, C, potassium, fiber, antioxidants, the list goes on (I’m all about using few, but super nutritious, ingredients in all my recipes). My breakfasts are usually on the sweeter side, but this is definitely a great way to start introducing some veggies and added vitamins to my AM routine… Even though beets basically taste like candy 🙂
What other veggies have you guys incorporated into your smoothies??