Anything that can save me time in the morning is a win in my books. That’s why I love overnight oats – with a little preparation at night, you can wake up to a delicious breakfast. It’s perfect for those hectic mornings where you’re rushing to get out the door. Not only are overnight oats super simple to make, they are full of protein, fiber and B vitamins.
No matter what I’m making in the kitchen, I’m always looking for ways to sneak in added vitamins and nutrients. I’ve been adding turmeric to a ton of my savory dishes lately (like roasted veggies, turkey meatballs, etc.) since it has so many amazing benefits (anti-inflammatory and super high in antioxidants). And when golden milk became a thing (mixing turmeric with almond/ coconut milk), I decided I’d also try to incorporate it into my breakfast meals to spice things up.
What you’ll need:
- 1 cup almond milk
- 1 tbsp turmeric powder
- 1/2 cup oats
- 2 tbsp chia seeds
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- Dash of cinnamon
To make this recipe:
- There are a ton of different ways to make golden milk but I just made mine by heating up the almond milk with turmeric in a stovetop pan on medium heat for 2-5 mins.
- Remove from stove and let cool for a few minutes.
- Mix the golden milk with oats and chia seeds.
- Add in maple syrup or honey to sweeten.
- Add in a dash of cinnamon.
- Cover and let set in fridge overnight.
- When you wake up, top with any nuts, granola, or fruit that you have on hand – I decided to top mine off with figs, pomegranate seeds, pumpkin seeds and granola.
Have you guys ever made golden milk/ golden overnight oats before??