I don’t know about you guys but my weekends aren’t complete without meal prepping. Meal prepping allows me to stay on track during the week since going out for lunches and dinners can really add up in terms of $$… and lbs.
And when I talk about meal prepping I don’t just mean lunches and dinners – I’m talking about snacks too! Okay, I get it, you might not want to spend your Sundays in the kitchen, but these energy balls are so simple and take less than 10 minutes to make. They also only require 6 ingredients that you probably have lying around in your pantry, and are full of protein, fiber, potassium and iron. Try them out!
What you’ll need:
- 15 pitted medjool dates
- 1 cup almonds
- 1 cup walnuts
- 1 tbsp almond butter
- 2 tbsp chia seeds
- Shaved coconut
How to make them:
- Soak the dates in water for 5-10 mins.
- Place dates in a food processor, and mix together with chia seeds, almonds and walnuts (adding in nuts gradually).
- Add in almond butter and continue mixing for another 1-2 minutes.
- Form into shapes with your hands and roll into shaved coconut (or any other toppings you want! I’ve also made them using cinnamon, cocoa and/ or matcha powder)
- Set in fridge for 2 hours, and enjoy!