Growing up, I definitely indulged in my fair share of crepes and pancakes – I mean, is there really anything better than fresh pancakes drizzled with maple syrup? These just might be the next best thing though (not to mention the fact that they’re actually healthy – and gluten free!). Who ever said pancakes were only for cheat days?
What you’ll need:
- 1 large banana
- 1/2 cup of oats
- 1 egg (if you want to make this recipe vegan, try subbing the egg for a flax egg by combining 1 tbsp of ground flax seeds with 3 tbsp water – stir well, and place in the fridge to set for 15 minutes)
- 1/8 teaspoon baking powder
- Pinch of cinnamon
How to make the pancakes:
- Mash banana in a bowl;
- Grind up oats in food processor and add to mashed banana;
- Add in egg and mix well;
- Add in baking powder and cinnamon;
- Heat up a pan with butter (you can also use olive oil or avocado oil);
- Add batter to pan (a few tbsp at a time, depending on how large or small you want your pancakes);
- Cook on each side for 2-4 mins;
- Top off with some sliced bananas, fresh berries, almond butter, some maple syrup and enjoy!