I’ll start this post off by mentioning that I’ve never cooked tofu myself before so I was a little worried about how this recipe would turn out. But let me tell you, it turned out amazing!! I mean, you really can’t go wrong with flavors like turmeric, curry and ginger, right?
What you’ll need:
- A bunch of broccolini
- 1 cup uncooked quinoa
- 1 block firm or extra firm tofu (I got a block of extra firm tofu from Trader Joe’s)
- 1/2 tsp of curry powder, cayenne powder & turmeric powder
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- pinch of salt
- 1-2 tbsp soy sauce
- Optional: 1 tsp fresh grated ginger
How to make it:
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees;
- Slice up the block of tofu and press with paper towel to remove liquid (the more liquid you can remove, the better – you don’t want it to be soggy!);
- Once sliced, mix tofu in a bowl with soy sauce, olive oil, salt, curry, cayenne, turmeric powder and some freshly grated ginger;
- In a separate bowl, mix the broccolini with olive oil, salt and turmeric powder;
- Place tofu and broccolini onto 2 baking sheets and place in the oven for 30 mins, flipping half way through (the broccolini will probably only take 20 mins);
- While tofu and broccolini are cooking, bring 2 cups water and 1 cup quinoa to boil on your stovetop;
- Once boiling, bring temperature down to low, cover pot, and let simmer for 15 mins.
- Once everything is cooked, throw into a bowl and enjoy!