As you can probably already tell from my blog and instagram feed, my breakfasts tend to be on the sweeter side (think smoothies and chia pudding). For those rare times when I am craving something savory, I usually go for a veggie turmeric omelette. I love this breakfast option because it’s super quick and easy, while still being delicious and full of vitamins and protein!
What you’ll need:
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup almond milk (or regular milk)
- 1 tsp turmeric powder
- 1 small sliced up zucchini
- a handful of sliced up kale
- Cauliflower rice
- Shaved brussel sprouts
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Olive oil for the pan.
How to make it:
- Crack 2 eggs into a bowl and whisk together with some salt, pepper, turmeric and almond milk;
- In a pan on medium heat, sautee zucchini, kale, cauliflower rice, and shaved brussel sprouts with some olive oil and a dash of extra turmeric for 2-5 mins (if you’re in a rush, you can avoid this step and cook the omelette with raw veggies – they should soften during the cooking process);
- Once the veggies are slightly cooked, add eggs to pan and let cook for another 2-5 mins, until bottom has browned;
- Flip omelette and cook other side for another 2-5 mins.
- Remove from pan and enjoy!