When it comes to my morning smoothies, I usually stick to a few clean and simple ingredients, including: kale, frozen fruit and almond milk. While almond milk is a great non-dairy alternative, grocery store brands are typically full of added sugar, chemicals & preservatives. So when I came across a few insta bloggers making their own almond milk at home, I was inspired to try it too. I was initially a little intimidated by the process, but it turned out to be super simple! Read on below to learn how to make almond milk at home!
What you’ll need:
- 1 cup almonds
- 4 cups water
- A handful of dates
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- A dash of cinnamon
- A dash of turmeric (optional)
How to make it:
- Soak almonds in water for 12-24 hours;
- Drain almonds and add to a food processor, along with 4 cups filtered water;
- Soak dates in luke warm water for 5-10 mins and add to food processor;
- Add in a dash of cinnamon, turmeric and vanilla;
- Mix on high for 2-5 mins, until smooth and creamy;
- Strain mixture into a jar or bowl using a nut milk bag – I used Ellie’s Best (use promo code: eatclean on their website to get your own!)
- Store in the refrigerator and shake/ stir well before using.