I don’t know about you guys, but snack prepping is just as important to me as meal prepping. I’m a huge snacker, but definitely try to stay away from the chocolate/ candy drawers at work by coming prepared with all my favourite healthy snacks. This week I decided to make banana bread with a nutritious twist – by using coconut flour and adding in some zucchini and maca powder. Read on below for step-by-step instructions on how to make this delicious and healthy snack!
What you’ll need:
- 1/2 cup coconut flour
- 2 large ripe bananas
- 1/4 cup almond butter
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- A dash of cinnamon
- A dash of salt
- 1/4 cup grated zucchini
- Optional: 1 teaspoon maca powder
- Optional add-ins: nuts, seeds, dark chocolate, etc.
How to make it:
- Pre-heat the oven to 350 degrees;
- Oil a baking pan with coconut oil and set aside;
- Combine bananas, vanilla and almond butter;
- Add in eggs, coconut flour, baking soda, baking powder, cinnamon, maca and salt;
- Pour batter into pan and place in the oven for 30-45 mins, until the outside is golden brown and knife or fork inserted into center comes out clean;
- Remove from oven, let cool for 10 minutes, and enjoy!