Is there really anything better than the fresh smell of bacon in the morning? Okay, that was a rhetorical question – and if you’re looking for a plant-based alternative, eggplant is the answer! The trick to getting eggplant crispy is to cut super thin slices and not to skimp out on the oil. Read on below for the super simple recipe!
What you’ll need:
- 1 small eggplant
- 2 tbps coconut oil, melted
- Turmeric, cumin and cayenne pepper (feel free to add additional spices as well!)
- 1/2 tsp maple syrup (for that sweet and savory flavour)
- Salt and pepper to taste
How to make it:
- Preheat your oven to 375 degrees;
- Slice eggplant into 1/4 inch slices;
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper;
- Mix coconut oil, maple syrup, spices, salt and pepper in a small bowl;
- Using a cooking brush, paint oil and spice mix on both sides of eggplant and place onto baking sheet;
- Place in oven for 10-15 mins until the slices start to brown;
- Flip eggplant slices and bake for another 10-15 mins until eggplant is crispy;
- Remove from oven, let cool for 5-10 mins and enjoy!