Baking and recipe-testing are definitely some of my favorite activities, and let me just say that this recipe turned out amazing! These are the perfect guilt-free snacks to get me through the week – if they even last that long ;). Not only are these cookies gluten-free and grain-free, they can also be made vegan by swapping the honey for maple syrup!
What you’ll need:
- 1/2 cup coconut flour
- 1/4 cup coconut oil
- 2 tbps flax meal (ground up flax seeds)
- 1/4 cup almond butter
- 2 tbsp maca powder
- 2 tbsp honey or maple syrup
- 1/4 cup almond milk
How to make them (makes about 12 cookies);
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees;
- In a bowl, mix coconut flour, coconut oil, flax seed and almond butter;
- Add in maca powder, honey (or maple syrup) and almond milk (if the dough is too flakey, add in more almond milk)
- Shape with your hands and place cookies on baking sheet;
- Bake in oven for 10 mins;
- Remove from oven, let cool for another 10 mins and enjoy!